The Essential Rules of Pilot Safety Guidance
for Flying Your Drone
-Never fly higher than 400 feet above ground level
- Keep your drone within a visual line of sight
- Be mindful of Federal Aviation Administration Airspace Requirements
- Never fly directly over people who have not given you their permission to do so
- Don't fly over stadiums, sporting events, fireworks displays, etc.
- Avoid flying near emergency response sites, such as fires
- Never fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Avoid flying near any airport -- no matter how big or small
- DO HAVE FUN with your drone. Congratulations! You've entered into an exciting hobby!
Drone Registration is the Law (once again.)
Copyright © Droneport Texas. All rights reserved.
To learn more about registration, and to register, click on the following:
Regulations requiring drone owners to register any of their drones which are over .55 pounds in weight with the Federal Aviation Administration, have been reinstated through the presidential signing Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 of the National Defense Authorization Act. These regulations are in immediate effect, and compliance is mandatory.